Resolution In Boundary Disputes And Encroachment Issues
What Causes Boundary Disputes?
- Natural events or disasters which change the landscape
- Mistakes in the official plat
- Conflicting legal descriptions
- Fraud and nondisclosure
- Unclear language within the deed
- Nonexistent or inaccurate surveys
Steps To Resolve A Boundary Issue
Boundary disputes can be resolved in a number of ways depending on the specifics of the case. The facts of the dispute and any evidence (such as photos, legal documents, witnesses or other people’s recollections of the property line) will need to be collected. It’s very likely that a survey, appraisal of the property and full title search will be needed. Other remedies can include:
- Adverse possession/prescriptive easement
- Boundary by acquiescence
- Boundary by estoppel
- Quiet title action
- Civil case of trespass or for removal of the encroaching structure
- Reformation of the contract for sale
- Title insurance
Boundary disputes and encroachment issues can range from very simple matters that are resolved in a single meeting or letter to more complex issues that require research, a review of the evidence and involvement of the court.
Resolve Your Boundary Issue Today
Attorney Daniel P. Beaver can help you understand your issue, your options and the best course of action to achieve your goals. Call 925-293-8884 to set up a no-cost initial meeting to discuss the specifics of your case. Have a moment? You can also describe your issue in a brief email to the firm.